New South Wales
What is the ADA?
The Australian Dental Association is an organisation of dentists which has as its aim the encouragement of the health of the public and the promotion of the art and science of dentistry. There are Branches of the Association in all States and Territories. Membership is voluntary and over 90% of dentists in Australia are members. This membership implies an obligation for members to practise their profession in accordance with the high standards laid down by the Association.
- Maintain a national body representing organised dentistry in
Australia;namely, the Federal Council of the Australian Dental
Association and its Federal Executive.
- Maintain a national headquarters for the Association.
- Manage the Association's finances.
- Determine policy, and generate expert advice through the Association's
- Conduct seminars and workshops for policy generation.
- Provide administrative support for the work of the Federal Council,
Federal Executive and Committees.
- Maintain a continuing communication with the membership.
- Maintain the international relationships of the Australian dental
- Respond to enquiries by the general public and other organisations in
Australia and overseas.
- Maintain the records of Association activities and history.
The Australian Dental Association Inc is a national association of dentists committed to promoting the art, science and ethical practice of dentistry, improving the oral health of the community and enhancing the professional lives of its members.
Items of Interest
Effects of sugar on Oral Health
A study by Newcastle University researchers into the effects of sugars on our oral health recommends cutting down on the sweet additive as part of a global initiative to reduce tooth decay.
> Read More
|CDBS - Holes Need Filling
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule is due to commence on 01 January 2014 but has so far lagged in educating dentists about the administrative requirements of participation.
The Cap has been Scrapped
The Federal Treasurer, the Hon. Joe Hockey MP, has announced that the Coalition Government will scrap the cap on self-education expenses which had been announced by the previous government. Self-education expenses will continue to be deductible.
This is a great success for the many professional organisations who, along with the Australian Dental Association, fought to have this outcome over the last few months.
Find A Dentist
Frequently Asked Questions