New South Wales
What is the ADA?
The Australian Dental Association is an organisation of dentists which has as its aim the encouragement of the health of the public and the promotion of the art and science of dentistry. There are Branches of the Association in all States and Territories. Membership is voluntary and over 90% of dentists in Australia are members. This membership implies an obligation for members to practise their profession in accordance with the high standards laid down by the Association.
- Maintain a national body representing organised dentistry in
Australia;namely, the Federal Council of the Australian Dental
Association and its Federal Executive.
- Maintain a national headquarters for the Association.
- Manage the Association's finances.
- Determine policy, and generate expert advice through the Association's
- Conduct seminars and workshops for policy generation.
- Provide administrative support for the work of the Federal Council,
Federal Executive and Committees.
- Maintain a continuing communication with the membership.
- Maintain the international relationships of the Australian dental
- Respond to enquiries by the general public and other organisations in
Australia and overseas.
- Maintain the records of Association activities and history.
The Australian Dental Association Inc is a national association of dentists committed to promoting the art, science and ethical practice of dentistry, improving the oral health of the community and enhancing the professional lives of its members.
Items of Interest
Advertising Guidelines - Testimonials
Members may have recently received invitations to support a petition against the current restrictions on the use of patient testimonials to advertise one's practice.
> Read More
|Special Arrangements in Place for Easter Holidays
ADA Members are advised that the Department of Human Services has special arrangements in place during the Easter and ANZAC Day holiday periods to ensure people are not inconvenienced by office closures.
Find A Dentist
Frequently Asked Questions