Thursday, February 25, 2010
Please be advised that GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has issued a consumer advisory warning consumers of the potential health risk from long-term excessive use of the GSK zinc containing denture adhesive.
In Australia this issue only affects one version of Polident which contains zinc, known as Polident Extra Hold Denture Adhesive Cream. No other Polident denture adhesive or cleansers contain zinc, and are unaffected by this issue.
Below are links providing information regarding the GSK decision to no longer supply Polident Extra Hold Adhesive Cream. The 'Consumer Advisory' explains the reason why GSK is taking this action. For your ease GSK would like to highlight the following points:
• Polident Extra Hold is safe to use as directed
• This is not a recall or withdrawal
• All stock in warehouse and stores is being sold through
• GSK is volunteering to cease manufacturing this product
• There is no product quality issue, and the TGA and FDA are supportive of our position and course of action
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact
Expert Marketing Manager Oral Care ANZ
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
82 Hughes Ave, Ermington, NSW 2115
T: 02 9684 0734