Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Fee Schedule of Dental Services for Dentists and Dental Specialists
Monday, November 01, 2010
The DVA have now advised of the annual indexation applied to the fee schedule. Details of the new fee schedule can now be viewed
DVA have also advised that they have been undertaking a review of the arrangements for the provision of DVA funded dental services. The first phase identified several changes to the fee schedule of dental services for dentists and dental specialists and was implemented on 1 November 2009. Phase two of the review has now been completed with the changes listed in the Fee Schedule of Dental Services for Dentists and Dental Specialists as per the link referred to above.
A review of the DVA dental implant policy has been finalised. The main changes to the dental implant policy are:
· Inclusion of periodontists and oral surgeons to provide the surgical phase of implant treatment;
· An increase from one to two single tooth implants every two years;
· Reclassification of Item 671, 672 and 673 from Schedule C to Schedule B;
· Augmentation if required, as described by Item 243 Osseous Graft – per tooth or implant
· Increase from a maximum of two to three implants to facilitate the construction of a full lower over-denture.
The new DVA implant policy is similarly available on the DVA website along with templates for prior approval requests and information as to how to submit applications to DVA for dental implant treatment.
Members are also referred to the document below pertaining to advice regarding alterations to the requirement for prior financial authorisation in respect of some treatments.
DVA Schedule of Fees
Chief Executive Officer